An application can be rejected by the batch upload process for several reasons, the most common of which are discussed below. It is important to note that rejected applications are not considered received by the department, and therefore do not stop the clock with regard to the 28-day rule. It is your responsibility to resolve the error, if applicable, and resubmit the application within 28-days of the job start date.
- The data is improperly formatted.
- Refer to the batch file specification in Appendix A for proper data format.
- Required data elements are missing.
- Refer to the batch file specification in Appendix A for required data elements.
- The applicant does not meet minimum acceptance criteria for at least one of the target groups being applied for.
- Refer to Section 5 for minimum acceptance criteria.
- The employer FEIN/applicant SSN combination already exists in our database.
(DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT PROGRA 20100914 - Guide to Florida's Paperless WOTC Process.doc Page 6 of 9)
This indicates that either the applicant was previously employed by the employer and therefore does not qualify for the tax credit; or, the current application has already been submitted.