The Competitive Florida Partnership is exploring mini grants to further assist Florida local governments that wish to enhance their economic development programs. Communities may apply for grants from $5,000-$15,000 to bring a variety of activities to life.Competitive Florida mini grant funding can be requested to support the following activities:
Competitive Florida mini grant funding can be requested to support the following activities:
- Projects - A priority project to implement the community’s economic development strategy.
- Learning - Learning includes attending economic and community development trainings to enrich staff capacity.
- Research - Research includes conducting surveys or data analysis to support local economic development efforts.
- Asset Mapping - This exercise inventories unique features of the local community and envisions new ways to engage these assets. Read asset mapping reports from designee communities on our Competitive Florida Communities page.
Competitive Florida staff will evaluate ideas with the community to determine their impact in the following ways
- Will the activity support the local community and economic development efforts?
- Will the activity engage local businesses?
- Will the activity add new knowledge that can assist local economic development efforts?
Communities are encouraged to contact Competitive Florida staff to discuss ideas.