These external links have been chosen to provide additional resources.
Business Tools and Resources
Community Profiles and Demographics
- Florida Association of Counties: County statistics.
- U.S. Census Bureau American Community Survey: The most current data estimates at the city and county levels. Detailed information on demographics, employment, income, social environment, and more.
- U.S. Census Bureau City & County QuickFacts: Detailed population, demographic, housing, and economic data at the city and county levels.
- Sperling's City Comparisons: Compare cities side-by-side. Categories include crime, housing, economy, education, and climate.
- Zip Code Demographics: Enter a ZIP Code and click to view the community segment data of the area. Then compare the local demographic and lifestyle data to national averages.
- State of the Cities Data Systems (SOCDS): Searchable databases provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), including urban public finance data, FBI crime data and comprehensive housing affordability strategy data.
- Bankrate.com: Cost of Living Comparison Calculator: Offers cost of living comparisons for selected metro areas based on ACCRA Cost of Living Index data.
- Sperling's Cost of Living Comparisons: Side-by-side cost of living comparisons for a wide range of cities.
- Florida Price Level by County:This Florida Department of Education report provides a price level index for Florida's counties. This is especially helpful to showcase the cost advantages of communities with lower price levels.
- Florida Department of Revenue: Florida specific tax information and forms for property tax, unemployment tax,corporate income tax, county tax rates, tax statistics and more.
- Federation of Tax Administrators: State tax comparisons and information for all 50 states. Includes individual and corporate income tax rates, sales tax rates(with food and drug exemptions), and excise taxes (motor fuel, cigarette, spirits, etc.).
- Florida Public Service Commission: Information about Florida's electric, gas, telecom, water, and wastewater companies.
- U.S. Department of Energy - Electricity Profiles: State and National electricity profiles.
International Information and Resources
- Trade Finance Guide: A Quick Reference for U.S. Exporters: Produced by the U.S. Department of Commerce's International Trade Administration, this guide is designed to help U.S. companies, especially small and medium-sized enterprises, learn the basics of trade finance. Concise, two-page chapters offer the basics of numerous financing techniques.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC): OPIC helps U.S. businesses invest overseas, fosters economic development in new and emerging markets, complements the private sector in managing risks associated with foreign direct investment, and supports U.S. foreign policy.
- CIA World Factbook: Extensive information on every recognized country in the world. Data is diverse ranging from trade to weather. Great site to access if you have representatives visiting from another country, plan on making a trip to foreign country, or are looking for contact information to expand trade in your community.
- Library of Congress Country Studies: A description and analysis of the historical setting and the social, economic, political, and national security systems and institutions of countries throughout the world.
- U.S. Department of State Directory: Links to U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions around the world.
- Department of Economic Opportunity: Current employment and unemployment statistics, employment & wage reports, and unemployment claims information. Publications section includes detailed Industry Profiles, Fact Sheets and maps. Estimates of the number of people employed by occupations and the average wages paid to them
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates: Employment and wage estimates for hundreds of occupational codes by state or MSA. Compare labor costs and identify talent resources.