Based on guidelines provided in Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Bulletin No. 2002–17, DEO requires an employer or consultant to attest to the following terms and conditions prior to submitting an electronic WOTC application:
Use of Florida's electronic WOTC application process requires your agreement with the following terms and conditions. If you are unable to certify or agree, as applicable, to each of these terms, you must instead comply with the terms applicable to mailing paper applications to the Florida WOTC Unit.
- I certify that each electronic certification request I am about to submit is documented with an original, signed IRS form 8850 and ETA form 9061.
- I agree to be responsible for retaining each original, signed IRS 8850 and ETA 9061 form I submit and for providing the applicable form to the Internal Revenue Service in the case of an audit.
- I agree to upload any required supporting documentation to this website.
- I agree to monitor the status of these certification requests on this website.
- I understand that I will be responsible for printing my own determination letter for each certification request I submit through this website.
I understand that my unique login ID and password constitutes my electronic signature on each certification request I submit through this website. I also understand that I am required to make the declaration contained in the perjury statement on IRS form 8850 and that by submitting these certification requests as a batch file, I am making that declaration for each certification request I submit.