The Department of Economic Opportunity offers many programs to help small businesses, including loans, loan guarantees, tax credits, and technical assistance. Please download our brochure to see details on what we can offer your small business.
Black Business Loan Program
The Black Business Loan Program provides alternative lending opportunities and technical assistance to black business enterprises that cannot obtain capital through conventional lending institutions, but could otherwise compete successfully in the private sector.
FloridaMakes is a service designated to strengthen Florida's manufacturing companies. We're created by manufactures, for manufactures, so we understand the unique needs facing manufacturing firms.
Florida's Microfinance Programs
The purpose of Florida's Microfinance Programs is to improve the ability of entrepreneurs and small businesses to access capital and credit. Small business in this program is defined as entities with 25 or fewer employees, and gross annual revenues of $1.5 million on average.
Florida New Markets Development Program
The Florida New Markets Tax Development Program is established to encourage investment in rural and urban low-income-communities by providing state tax credits to individuals or entities that invest in qualified businesses located in these low-income communities.
State Small Business Credit Initiative
The State Small Business Credit Initiative supports access to capital for small businesses and entrepreneurs by provision of the following sub-programs:
- Credit enhancements to strengthen bank loans and reduce risk
- Delegated lending model where lenders manage underwriting
- Streamlined procedures and quick response to project loan requests
- Opportunity for Community Reinvestment Act credit
- Increases access to capital and credit
- Provides business management training and technical assistance
- Includes eligibility for newly established or growing small businesses
- Offers flexible use of funds - startup costs, working capital, and the acquisition of real estate, materials, fixtures and equipment